[PLUG] Web cam plug-in

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 9 18:28:42 UTC 2002

--- Mark Griskey <mark at linuxhardware.net> wrote:
> Check out w3cam.cgi.  It is basically a video4linux
> cgi script that will send
> an image at a specified interval.  (You can set the
> interval to 0 to get a
> "streaming" jpeg, that only seems to work on
> Netscape 4.x).
>
> There is also a Java applet called Camboozle that
> uses w3cam.cgi to also send
> the "streaming" jpeg.
> http://www.charliemouse.com/code/cambozola/

Thanks, I'll try it. I wasn't too specific about the
problem earlier. Suppose a message says: "Want to
watch my live Web Cam?" When you click on the link, a
dialogue box asks what to do about

http://members.aol.com/JohnPaulIII/cam.exe

or whatever it might be. If you want to "open" it, it
asks what application to use, and you don't have the
right one. This was in Konqueror, by the way.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."