[PLUG] Printing things that can be read online.

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Mon Dec 9 21:50:02 UTC 2002

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:32:49PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> It occurs to me that part of the reason people print things, like PDF
> files, rather than read them on the screen, is to put off actually

I'd suspect most people print out hard copies of documents simply
because reading off of real paper is so much more pleasant than reading
off of a computer display. But that's all conjecture, as is any
discussion without a real study.

> reading them.  "I'll print it and read it later", they rationalize, then
> never get around to reading it until the last minute, perhaps.

That's my rational for loading up my hard drive. I save files to disk
that I'll "read later." You should see the size of my Temp/Reading
directory. :-(

Paul