[PLUG] Printing things that can be read online.

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Mon Dec 9 22:27:25 UTC 2002

On Monday 09 December 2002 13:50, Paul Mullen wrote:
> I'd suspect most people print out hard copies of documents simply
> because reading off of real paper is so much more pleasant than reading
> off of a computer display.

Agreed. Also, paper copies are nice for distribution. Carry and read them
anywhere, make notes, pass them on. Print select pages from a company's Web
site to give to friends, it's an easy way to make a referral.

It's still the most reliable backup method. No worries about obsolete media,
electric surges, or needing a machine to access the data. I doubt that any
electronic data storage used today will have much longevity, it becomes
obsolete too quickly. All of my clients incorporate hard copies of their most
important data into their backup schemes. Paper's not going away for a long
time.

I'd like to see a high-quality automatic-sheet-feed OCR gadget for converting
large quantities of paper docs to digital files. Then you have the perfect
world: easy conversion to create the files, easy conversion to restore files.

--
Carla Schroder