[PLUG] Web cam plug-in

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Tue Dec 10 02:32:10 UTC 2002

On 9 Dec 2002, Derek Loree wrote:

> This sounds like a job for Gnomemeeting, AFAIK, there is no KDE
> equivelant.

Gnomemeeting rocks! I knew nothing about video conferencing. Nada. I
plug in the USB camera, which the Red Hat kernel recognizes instantly,
fire up gnomemeeting -- et voila! I had no trouble whatsoever
connecting to the Polycomm unit at work. Red Hat has even patched
iptables correctly so it handles the mess called H.323.

I had to play a bit with the audio and video tranmission rates, but
otherwise everything just worked. What a great piece of software.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>