[PLUG] Short-term ISP Recommendations?

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Dec 11 15:51:47 UTC 2002

Well I have just learned why some people refer to their spouse as
SWMBO -- ``She Who Must Be Obeyed." In short, despite the fact I
sincerely believe we don't have the money, & my other wishes &
objections, I will be spending two weeks in Ohio around Christmas &
New Years'.

Which leads me to the following question: can anyone recommend an
ISP that I could use for a couple weeks, maybe national-based but
having POPs in NE Ohio (specifically Canton), that does NOT require
you to use their own software to connect, & is ethical?

I'm mentioning ``ethical" because one of the ISPs I have looked at
appears to be a spamhaus. It would be a plus if they are Linux-friendly
not because I'll be using Linux, but because I'd rather support
companies with this attitude.

Can I receive some useful recommendations that won't deteriorate into
tedious arguments over politics, software preferences, or meta-commentary
concerning off-topic responses?

Geoff