[PLUG] data acquisition and control hardware for Linux

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Dec 12 03:35:16 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Russell> I am interested to know if anyone can recommend
Russell> lab-grade/field-grade data acquisition and control hardware
Russell> for use with Linux.

Rich>   Most of the field equipment I've used can be set to ASCII
Rich> output over a serial interface. Most manufacturers provide a
Rich> Microsoft-GUI interface to their software, but it's not always
Rich> essential.

The "wind sentry" instrumentation we used 10 years ago generated
pulses for the anemometer and used some kind of variable resistor for
wind direction.  I am looking for hardware to terminate those wires
to.

Rich>   The manufacturers are the best source of information on the
Rich> output and control options they make available.

Indeed.  I am looking for pointer to manufactures and models so I can
look.  Thanks.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more