[PLUG] data acquisition and control hardware for Linux

Stafford A. Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Thu Dec 12 16:31:27 UTC 2002

* Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> [021211 18:46]:

> Fellow PLUG list readers,
>
> I am interested to know if anyone can recommend lab-grade/field-grade
> data acquisition and control hardware for use with Linux.

You might want to check out stuff using Dallas Semiconductor's "1-Wire"
interface. I've not done anything with it myself yet, but there have
been hobbiest-type remote monitored weather stations put together using
it.

Try Google'ing on "1-wire" "weather station", and regardless of what you
end up using, I'd like to hear about it and I'm sure the rest of us
would be as well.

I still have vague ideas for using something like MRTG plus some remote
air and soil thermometers and rain guages for my gardening geek needs.

--Stafford