[PLUG] best server motherboard?

Stafford A. Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Fri Dec 13 16:13:50 UTC 2002

* Carla Schroder <pluglist at bratgrrl.com> [021212 14:01]:
> without silly frills? I say you can't go wrong with IBM boards, but I'm being
> pummeled by a hardcore MSI aficionado who adores the ones with onboard IDE
> RAID.

I don't know about their newer boards, but I've had _very_ bad luck with
(a string of) older MSI boards. The KT7 Pro Turbo2, to be specific. The
first two died after about six months each, the third is having
stability problems.

Granted, this has just been for a home play-games & web surf machine, so
it hasn't been that big a deal (unless you ask my family).

--Stafford