[PLUG] SCSI tape soft error LOGGING - HOW?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at dOink.COM
Sat Dec 14 01:31:40 UTC 2002

A friend of mine has his Solaris boxes write messages into log
files when there are soft errors on tape writing.  This way he
can do additional required maintenance on the drive or replace
the tapes.

How can I get my Mandrake 8 (or 9) box to deposit tape write
error messages into /var/log/syslog, or another appropriate log
file?  I've got the standard "write everything at *.info level
or above" into syslog configured in syslog right now.

Thanks....