[PLUG] SCSI tape soft error LOGGING - HOW?

Steven Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Sat Dec 14 20:36:46 UTC 2002

On Friday 13 December 2002 10:50 pm, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> I'm looking through my kernel config for "verb"ose and "scsi".
> Nothing matches.  CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING is set to "y".  Do you know
> what I should be looking for.  Maybe I'm not even looking in the
> right place?  Any more suggestions?
>
> Thanks....

Have you looked in /etc/syslog.conf to see where the various messages are
being written? The information that your seeking might be written into a file
that your not expecting. In most cases, and this might not be correct
depending on the kernel and driver, the message should be a *.kern message
and probably written to /var/log/messages.

In any case, you might want to look in syslog.conf to make sure.