[PLUG] Working around GRUB

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Dec 17 10:47:39 UTC 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Mark Morgan wrote:
> Hmm. Well, if you had set the GRUB password, yes.

I didn't set anything.  I wouldn't use GRUB or Red Hat.

> If you need to get by it, you could use a rescue disk and reinstall
> the master boot record.  I haven't tested this for passwd recovery,
> but it should work.

As the original message stated, the system in question has no floppy
controller.

> The first CD of the RH install.

And only one IDE controller (maybe dual channel or not) with only one
power connector.

> You might not even have to use the 7.3 CD, but even an 8.0.

Wouldn't think of it.  If I could boot from CD or floppy, I'd just install
Debian.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin