[PLUG] Compiling problems with dviconcat (was: DVI File Manipulation)

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Thu Dec 19 03:39:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 01:23, Vincent Damewood wrote:
> The script isn't exactly what I wanted, but the two
> programs it uses are. My problem now is compiling
> dviconcat. It uses an odd kind of makefile called an
> 'Imakefile' (whatever that is), I tried running the
> script noImake, but the Makefiles it created are a
> total nightmare, using out dated and system-specific
> variables. I'd rebuild one from scratch, but the build
> process is horridly under-documented! Any suggestions?

karlheg at bittersweet:cvs.pdxlinux.org/website
% apt-cache search dviconcat
dviutils - Some DVI utilities
karlheg at bittersweet:cvs.pdxlinux.org/website
% apt-cache show dviutils
Package: dviutils
Section: tex
Installed-Size: 85
Maintainer: Kenshi Muto <kmuto at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: seetex
Version: 2.19-10
Replaces: dviselect
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13)
Conflicts: dviselect
Filename: pool/main/s/seetex/dviutils_2.19-10_i386.deb
Size: 21058
MD5sum: e6b36267e3c486010ab504fd98a81516
 This package includes following commands:
  - dviselect: Dviselect selects pages from a DVI file, creating a new DVI file.
               The package xdvik-ja uses dviselect for printing out a piece of
               the DVI file.
  - dviconcat: Dviconcat concatenates DVI files.

Package: dviutils
Section: tex
Installed-Size: 85
Maintainer: Kenshi Muto <kmuto at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: seetex
Version: 2.19-9
Replaces: dviselect
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4)
Conflicts: dviselect
Filename: pool/main/s/seetex/dviutils_2.19-9_i386.deb
Size: 21198
MD5sum: 618b51a773f93a2dfddf26fe57544277