[PLUG] Install Weirdness

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sat Dec 21 07:38:03 UTC 2002

On 21 Dec 2002, Jim Webb wrote:
> I had problems when I first installed Red Hat 8.  Do you have at least
> 64 MB RAM for a text install?  I believe that you need 128 MB for a
> graphical install.  What is the hardware configuration for this pc?

I hate to butt in here, but are you freaking kidding me?

Does Red Hat actually give requirements like that?

I've performed Debian installs on machines with 8MB RAM without a hitch.

Are other commercial distributions this hoggish (assuming that the above
requirements exist in addition to the enormous hard disk requirements of
Red Hat)?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin