[PLUG] RedHat Alternatives.

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 14:57:03 UTC 2002

--- Kyle Accardi <sandbox at pacifier.com> wrote:
> Bill Spears wrote:
> > According to RH, there is supposed to be a menu
> option (START menu) in
> > System Settings called Printer System Switcher
> which switches from LPRng
> > to Cups. I don't have this. How do I get it or
> accomplish the same thing
> > without it?

I haven't been able to get printing out of any version
of RH since 7,0. That's why I don't use it. I've had
no trouble in this respect with Caldera or Mandrake.

Now that RH has a 50% market share among Linux users,
though, I suppose I should give it another try, by
downloading 8.0 and following this discussion on the list.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."