[PLUG] SSH Question

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Dec 23 19:20:04 UTC 2002

On 23 Dec 2002, Robbert van Andel wrote:
> This gives the error:
> 	gtk-warning **: Cannot open display: 192.168.1.101:1

This looks like you don't have an X server on 192.168.1.101:1 or the user
running the process doesn't have permission to address that X server.

> Question, can I use VNC on my server without having Gnome already up
> and running?  In other words, can I use vnc to start a gnome session?

While I'm the last person to knock somebody for doing something "just
because they can", I'm curious what you're desired effect is, here.

Why can't you simply run individual applications on the remote
machine?  What's the purpose of a remote session manager?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net