[PLUG] Keyboard mapping

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Dec 25 00:07:03 UTC 2002

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Robert Kopp wrote:
> Option      "XkbLayout"          "ru"
>
> Perhaps there already is an alternative file, say "ru-alt," that would
> meet my needs. The documentation for XFree86 is so confused that I
> can't find out what the legal choices are. If there were such a
> choice, I would invoke it instead of "ru."
>
> If nothing is already available for this purpose, I
> would attempt to make such a file, and make it
> available to the open-source community:

My keymap stuff is all in /etc/X11/xkb/keymaps

If you read Karl's post in this thread, you'll see that there was a
russian Xkb which you could use to generate an appropriate keymap for
yourself.  There are plenty of tutorials for generating keymaps online.

And while I'm sure the community appreciates the sentiment, generating
keymaps is kind of a personal thing and pretty easy to do, so perhaps
there isn't much benefit in making great attempt to disseminate such a
thing.  Perhaps a link on your personal website to the file would be used
by someone at some point.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin