[PLUG] Squirrelmail

Paul paul at pflnet.ws
Sat Dec 28 09:03:03 UTC 2002

I installed Red Hat 8. I downloaded and installed Squirrelmail 1.2.10. I made the suggested changes to php.ini and the required settings in httpd.conf (to enable php processing). I expanded the squirrelmail tarball, made "apache" the owner of created directory structure. I confirmed that the data and attachment directories are there. I didn't do much with the default config.php file outside of rename it and put my domain name in it.

When I call it up, after 30 seconds, I get:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 6012

The line number will change each time I call it. I really, really want to get this going. Can anyone help? I'm told Squirrelmail also supports secure connections?

TIA,
Paul

---
Email: paul at pflnet.ws