[PLUG] Customer Invoicing and Tracking software

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Dec 31 04:56:03 UTC 2002

On 30 Dec 2002, Benjamin Prew wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I was looking for a Customer Invoicing and Tracking software, similar to
> Quickbooks, but for Linux.

Probably over-kill and a little 'interesting' to set up is SQL-Ledger
(http://www.sql-ledger.org).  Requires several extra Perl packages,
PostgreSQL (RDBMS), and a web server.

> I would like to be able to print invoices and store customer
> information, such as address, phone, e-mail etc.

Since it uses a RDBMS reports like this are not too difficult but I think
the latest version has this already or as an hack-on for now.

> I would also like to be able to print mailing labels for multiple
> customers or at least have some way to display multiple customer's
> information.

Since there are ODBC drivers, and friends, for PostgreSQL you can use your
favorite Office Suite (OpenOffice.org, Staroffice) to do this.  There is
also a DataVision.

Rod