[PLUG] Pine and the backspace key

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 31 15:49:03 UTC 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Curtis Poe wrote:

> Could anyone help me (without giving me guff about using the C
> Shell: It's what I have learned on and I like it thankyouverymuch)?  God
> knows I don't want to switch to elm and bash...

  Well, you could switch to bash and keep the pine. :-)

  The disclaimer: I know nothing about csh except that it's a subset of
bash. I know nothing about Solaris and FreeBSD. Anyone who uses pico as the
editor in pine deserves it. ;-)

  Now that the legal stuff is covered, see if either OS has the equivalent
of 'keymaps' (man keymaps). I use this in linux to remap the ctrl and caps
lock keys on the console (it feeds loadkeys). In X, use xmodmap.

HTH,