[PLUG] Debian Install

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Mon Jul 1 18:39:30 UTC 2002

On Monday 01 July 2002 10:36 am, you wrote:

> "aptitude" has a much better interface for this problem than "dselect".
> I think you'll find it much less frustrating and confusing.  The archive
> flux will never go away, we hope... That's just it's nature.  Debian is
> a moving target (hence the swirl logo, or "torn fedora").
>
> > > In the mean time, while waiting to get X going, I'm surfing with lynx.
> > > I may never go back.
> >
> > Graphical presentation is overrated.
>
> So is Debian. p-)

What!?

Splain this:
I got the same error pattern on two different hard drives:
  1. perl5 package (perl_5.6.1-7_i386.deb) is corrupted
  2. When I tried to get rid of it (so I could apt-get install it) by using
apt-get clear (clean?)  I got error mesg that ext3 was corrupted.
How in the world can this happen.  BTW, I successfully installed RH7.2 form
CD on the second HD so I'm pretty sure it's OK.