[PLUG] Trouble With SSH

Jon Jacob jon at manymoons.net
Tue Jul 2 06:51:09 UTC 2002

I don't know if my problem has to do with SSH2 versus SSH but I am
unable to get automatic login to a customers machine.  He is using SSH
over there, and I have used several methods to generate the keys, but
nothing seems to work.

Does anybody have any idea how to properly do this or at least find out
why I can't connect to him?

Here is the output from the end of doing ssh -v:

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
debug1: Host 'travelbyroad.com' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/jon/.ssh/known_hosts2:1
debug1: bits set: 1045/2049
debug1: kex_derive_keys
debug1: newkeys: mode 1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: waiting for SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: newkeys: mode 0
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: done: ssh_kex2.
debug1: send SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST
debug1: service_accept: ssh-userauth
debug1: got SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try privkey: /home/jon/.ssh/identity
debug1: try pubkey: /home/jon/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug1: try pubkey: /home/jon/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug1: next auth method to try is password