[PLUG] Trouble With SSH

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jul 2 08:40:14 UTC 2002

I've had a number of strange interoperability problems.  The strangest was
how version 3 of OpenSSH refused to authenticate via public key to an
OpenSSH 2 server.  I never did figure out why it wasn't working until one
day after a routine upgrade things magically started working.

If you need to get OpenSSH talking to F-Secure SSH, then look into the key
import/export features in OpenSSH.

I also sometimes have good luck running a separate sshd in debug mode
(-d) on a strange port and trying to connect in there.

Last but not least, make sure each SSH can connect locally using the
public keys.

  -- Steve