[PLUG] Trouble With SSH

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jul 2 08:45:28 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Bonds <1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com> writes:

Steve> I've had a number of strange interoperability problems.  The
Steve> strangest was how version 3 of OpenSSH refused to authenticate
Steve> via public key to an OpenSSH 2 server.  [...]

The thing that is pissing me off currently is the lack of
keyboard-interaction authentication over ssh connections when the
server side is using this new privilege separation.  Makes it tough to
bootstrap authentication from new locations.  If anyone has a
reasonable solution to that one, I'd like to hear it.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible