[PLUG] lilo: fails to open

David Bridges dbridges at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 2 19:54:55 UTC 2002

> image=/vmlinuz
>         label=linux-debian
>         read-only
>         root=/dev/hda4
>         append="hdc=ide-scsi"
> The error msg is: Fatal: open /vminuz: No such file or directory. I can mount
> hda4 under rh so I know the file is there.

While you might be correct that there is a /vmlinux on hde4 that is not
the file that lilo would be looking for.  It would be looking for a file
in / of the system that you are currently running.  Try one of these
options.  Either copy the file to the system you are currently running,
or mount that partition and give it the correct path to the file in
lilo.conf

--
David