[PLUG] Re: RH 7.2 Modem problems

Keith n6jpa at attbi.com
Sat Jul 6 04:46:41 UTC 2002

On Friday 05 July 2002 03:21 pm, Bob Pace wrote:
> Sirs, I am having problems with RH 7.2 reading my modem.  I am using the
> KDE platform.  I have a "Winmodem" that is installed on the board,
> however, I am using a US Robotics external modem.  RH is only
> recognizing the Winmodem, and is not recognizing the external modem.  I
> have gone into Hardware search, however, RH still only recognizes the
> Winmodem, which doesn't work with Linux.  I have gone through this
> problem before, but I forgot how I fixed it.  HELP!  Any assistance
> would be greatly appreciated!

 Set the modem settings to go to the /dev/ttyS# where the /dev is determined
by the i/o port. If the modem is connected to serial port # 1 then
it is /dev/ttyS0 serial port #2 /dev/ttyS1 Serial port #3 /dev/ttyS2
Serial port #4 /dev/ttyS3

--
Best Regards,  Keith
NW Oregon Radio http://n6jpa.home.attbi.com/ Church of the Bourne Again