[PLUG] ELF

AthlonRob AthlonRobNF at cs.com
Sun Jul 7 18:49:42 UTC 2002

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:22:51 +0000
"Carla Schroder" <pluglist at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

> If you have some antique app lying around, does it need to be recompiled to
> be usable?

I don't know about the other distros... but in the default Slackware kernel there is support for a.out and MISC binaries via modules.  ELF support is compiled right in.  :-)

I would imagine your distro also has support for a.out and MISC binaries.  If not, you can probably make your own kernel (although from what I've heard, that can be complicated in RedHat, Mandrake, or other RPM-based distros).

Rob