[PLUG] The perfect spam filter

Neil Anuskiewicz neil at pacifier.com
Mon Jul 8 17:19:49 UTC 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Russ Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:04:46 -0700 (PDT)
> Neil Anuskiewicz <neil at pacifier.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay, let's work together to create the perfect spam filter.
>
> My only question is, why? spamassassin catches 99+% of the spam I get,
> and I've only seen it catch a couple of mailing lists as spam. It's
> easy to fix that.

My ISP offers spamassassin which I used and it did very little to reduce
spam. What I am trying to do is filter spam before it even reaches me. If
I were to setup spamassasin it would be local which I suppose is fine but
I wanted to set something up in my shell at Pacifier which would filter
out the spam before I even download my mail.

--
Neil Anuskiewicz