[PLUG] Debian Install

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Mon Jul 8 22:54:41 UTC 2002

I'm finally getting ready to start installing Debian on my Thinkpad.
I've been reading:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-preparing.en.html

Section 3.2 "Information You Will Need," tells me:

  Besides this document, you'll need the _cfdisk_ manual page, the
_fdisk_
  manual page, the _dselect Tutorial_, and the _Linux Hardware
  Compatibility HOWTO_

The dselect Tutorial page is there, as is the Linux Hardware
Compatiblility HOWTO, but when I try to look at either the cfdisk or the
fdisk man pages I get the following:

  ** man page not found ** .

Are these the same ones I get when I look at man pages on my Red Hat
system? Are there any subtle differences between the ones the Debian
site wants me to read and the Red Hat versions?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"