[PLUG] Q: Apache & streaming mp3 on lan

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Tue Jul 9 06:18:49 UTC 2002

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 18:40, Kyle Accardi wrote:
>
>>Using Mozilla to click on a song, it will play for ~20 seconds.   After many
>>experiments, I'm wondering if apache is stopping the flow somehow.

> There is an mp3 streaming module for apache.  I think you need to
> install that to make it work.  It probably sends the file using chunked
> encoding.

Ok, I've tracked down Apache::MP3 and have learned enough CPAN to get the
tar.gz file and poke around.

Followed the advice on...(why, oh why is the #^$%@ Location bar blank in
Mozilla??)
<http://search.cpan.org/doc/LDS/Apache-MP3-2.26/MP3.pm>

But they seem to be missing a step, or taking something forgranted.

Whereas, before the link named 'Music' would give me a dir listing and play
a few seconds of a selected mp3, now Apache knows it should be a handler for
this dir.  But falls flat with an Internal Server Error.

error.log says:

[error] Can't locate Apache/MP3.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /etc/httpd/ /etc/httpd/lib/perl) at (eval 4) line 3.

[error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::MP3::handler called.

So, trying to help, I copy MP3.pm to /etc/httpd/lib/perl
No dice.  (yes, I restart server after each experiment).
MP3.pm is executable by everyone.

Thoughts?

Kyle Accardi