[PLUG] Speaking of text-mode Was: Scrolling in text mode

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Jul 11 16:08:00 UTC 2002

At 10:38 PM 7/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>When does this system load these fonts?  If it's at boot time or when X
>starts, then it doesn't seem to have affected me.

It does it during boot. When it sets the system locale. The lines I listed
are the default for the English (US) locale.

I just know that my system booted in 60 line mode (vga=6) and then reverted
to 25 line mode when it said, "Loading system fonts" during bootup.
Commenting out those lines stopped the reversion.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

How come wrong numbers are never busy?