[PLUG] Floppyfw and ftp

J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Thu Jul 11 09:59:26 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Spears" <bspears at easystreet.com>
To: <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 4:45 AM
Subject: [PLUG] Floppyfw and ftp

Having trouble witht ftp and, presumably, floppyfw. I can connect but can't
ls. I assume something is wrong in my settup.

Help.

Sounds like the recurring port 20 data connection problem.

You must allow incoming tcp on 20 as well as the usual 21.. for active ftp
connects to use the ls command.
Otherwise,  you're looking at trying passive mode ftp clients,  which is
pretty foolproof.
There is a ip_masq_ftp.o you can add to modules.lst and put in the /modules
dir of the floppy - corresponding to your kernel,  naturally.  It helps with
the active ftp port assignments with NAT etc.
There is a good news server at news.zelow.no with all the particulars also.

HTH
jH