[PLUG] Cheap Colocation For Little Used Server

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Thu Jul 11 21:20:49 UTC 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:38:56 -0000
"J Henshaw" <jeff at jhenshaw.com> wrote:

> > I have a second IP not in use.
>
> 768K SDSL.... woohoo!
>
> Second IP costs me $10.00 per month.

That sounds good!  You wouldn't require a line upgrade, then?  I
shouldn't think so, but I thought I'd offer it as an incentive.  So
besides the $10, what's it worth to you, considering power consumption
(minimal), the possibility of a manual reboot or two, physical space
(?), etc?  I have a friend who said he'd do it for a couple extra IPs
(one for him), but yours appears to be a superior connection.

Here are some other questions:  about where are you located, and is this
your house, apartment?  Have you had any issues with your connection or
your power?  What are the chances of your relocating in the next year or
two?  Do you have a cap on your throughput (shouldn't be an issue with
this machine, but it's worth considering)?  Does your space keep
reasonably cool in the summer?

Thanks,

Jason Van Cleve