[PLUG] duplicating an audio CD

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Fri Jul 12 04:46:26 UTC 2002

I've never "dupped" an audio CD before so I have some questions.  From
reading the (rather old) HOWTO it appears that I want to write in
so-called DAO mode rather than TAO mode.

I've only got one CD-RW device right now so I presume I'm going to have
to "rip" the entire CD to disk then write it back to the blank.

My question: what format do I pull the data off in?  I see from the
cdparanoia man page that there's a so-called "raw" format.  Is that
what I use?  Do I need the entire CD image in one file for DAO?

Ok, as you can see, I know nothing.  A quick explaination of the specifics
would be greatly appreciated.

Dean