[PLUG] can't get Spamassassin working

Joeri Belis joeri.belis at nollekens.be
Fri Jul 12 07:55:49 UTC 2002

ENV: redhat 6.1, SpamAssassin version 2.31

Hi,

I am trying to setup SpamAssassin. I installed from TAR file and now i am
testing the setup.
I always get 'broken pipe' after the DCC check. When not connected to the
internet this error message
comes faster then when i am connected. Does this come from DCC or not, i
don't know.
It may be the next command that is failing. What else can i check?

Here is the Debug output

[joeri at linuxnol:/tmp/even/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.31]$spamassassin -D -t <
sample-nonspam.txt > testspam.txt
debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/home/joeri/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/home/joeri/.spamassassin" for user state dir
Created user preferences file: /home/joeri/.spamassassin/user_prefs
debug: using "/home/joeri/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs file
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver unavailable? 1
debug: is DNS available? 0
debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running uri tests; score so far=0.4
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0.4
debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=-2.7
debug: Razor is not available
debug: spam-phrase score: 2.2230793104494: hits: mailing list, that will,
the net, was mailed, you get, you need, you not
debug: DCC is available: 1.1.6

Broken pipe
[joeri at linuxnol:/tmp/even/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.31]$

Thanks for any feedback.
Joeri