[PLUG] loadkeys: remapping ctrl_l and caps_lock

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Fri Jul 12 20:12:52 UTC 2002

 :: > Further remarks:
 :: >
 :: > I have this in a `.keymap' file.
 :: > In my login script I do `loadkeys ~/.keymap'
 ::
 ::   Great advice, Dean! I put it in ~/.bash_profile so it's there in any
 :: console or spawned terminal.

As far as I understand, it only needs to be done once at initial
login.  It seems to "take" in all VTs after that.

But since it is not an involution, (in particular, it's idempotent)
[Wow, _two_ $10 words in one sentence] you don't need to worry about the
side effects of calling it more than once.

Dean