[PLUG] Hire the Best

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 13 13:20:55 UTC 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Alex Daniloff wrote:

> Are you always telling the truth to your clients about your service,
> capabilities and competitors?

Alex,

  I don't fudge the facts to clients and prospective clients. I don't need
to. I've testimonial letters and a verifiable track record that backs up
what I tell them. I don't know how to fudge my previous record. Either I've
obtained permits for my clients or I haven't. Either the reclamation I've
designed and implemented has worked or it hasn't: the proof is on the ground
for all to see. When I've designed plans and programs the results are
readily available to anyone who wants to read them. I don't talk about
competitors at all.

> Sometimes you may have to make some sneaky moves just to stay in business.
> Isn't it a true?

  No. For a consultant that's fatal.

  I don't undertake work that I'm not capable of doing -- and doing well.
Don't forget that almost all the work that I do for clients ends up in a
permit application or report to a public agency (the regulator) at the
county, state or federal levels of government. If I tried to make things up
it would affect not only me but my client as well. Credibility and
reputation are everything.