[PLUG] Hire the Best

Preston Crawford prestonc at crawfordsolutions.com
Sat Jul 13 16:57:16 UTC 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Neil Anuskiewicz wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Prutzer wrote:
>
> > The first step of a journey begins by placing one foot in front of
> > another. If you want the world to be better, then start by making your
> > part of it better. No matter how small a step it is, it is a step in
> > the right direction.
>
> This encapsulates the most important point. Everyone complains and thinks
> there needs to be some big, dramatic change. Meanwhile they are neglecting
> to do even the little bit they could do to make the world better for those
> closest to them and around them.

Who is "everyone", though? If by everyone you mean me, then you you
couldn't be more wrong. I'm well aware of the problems this world faces.
I'm a vegetarian, I'm childfree, I cycle or skateboard to work everyday
and I purposely live close to light rail so I don't need to use a car. I
shop at New Seasons more often than not and I eat lunch every day at Rice
Junkies or Big Town Hero. And I don't watch television really (except for
watching the Tour de France right now). I do my part to help the local
economy and small business, but let's be realistic.

Who made the computer you're typing on? Did you make it? Was it made in
Portland? Every part of it? This world is going to require some
compromises, even if you're trying to be part of the solution. That
doesn't mean you have forfeited your right to complain about corporate
greed and corporate control.

Preston