[PLUG] Database server question

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Mon Jul 15 07:17:45 UTC 2002

Hi All Guys

I shall experiment setting up a Database server, MySQL, serving about 10
clients (workstations) for searching, retrieving and saving files to the
server, not many graphic files.  I have following questions expecting to be
advised:

OS  RH7.3

1) Partition size/allotment.  Total size of the hard disc  20G
- OS + application = ? %
- root = ? %
- users = ? %
etc.

2) Can I create such partitions at start of installation and the relevant
files/folders will be created/saved to relevant partition during installation

3) MySQL and SQL comparison.  Which ranks on top and reasons ?  Any other
suggestion ?

4) Anything not covered in this posting.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu