[PLUG] Bringing Linus to Portland. was: Would you consider do nating to the OSU ACM? (To hear R MS?)

Michael Rasmussen rasmussenm at columbiafunds.com
Tue Jul 16 15:46:22 UTC 2002

> From: Peter W [mailto:shark at sharky.dyndns.org]
> auction or raffle (some sort of money generating thing) to
> see who gets
> to go the the BBQ w/ Linus.  The money we raise could either go to a
> random OSS project, spreading OSS in Portland, or making sure Torvalds
> has a *really* fun time around here.  If we did the latter, he might
> even enjoy it enough to move up here... ;)
>

> sound like a plan? what do you folks think?

Sounds like a lot of work for Linus.  Being mobbed at a public event is
bogs of work.  How would Tove and the kids fit into this BBQ?

Let's send him to Breitenbush.  He hasn't had a good sauna in years.

--
  Michael Rasmussen - Network Engineer, Columbia Management
  voice:  971-925-6723  cell:  503-807-1447  rasmussenm at columbiafunds.com
  <mailto:rasmussenm at columbiafunds.com> http://www.columbiafunds.com

NOTICE:  This communication may contain confidential or other privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information.  Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received.  Any communication that does not relate to official Columbia business is that of the sender and is neither given nor endorsed by Columbia.  Thank you.