[PLUG] how to host a dns server on a dhcp ip... ?

Eli Stair eli.stair.lists at attbi.com
Tue Jul 16 22:03:58 UTC 2002

You'll need to register with your dyndns provider to have them serve as
your DNS provider for the domain names you wish to serve from your
system.  I'm not sure about your provider, but dyndns.org does this.
You'll not be using register.com to provide DNS anymore.
They also have links to good tech information on the details.

As far as setting up servers 2 and 3, you do the same thing.  You'll need
to register each name with the dyndns service.  I'm not sure, but you may
need to run a client for each domain name it's providing DNS for, so that
the DNS entries are upated each time you get a new IP via DHCP.

Hopefully this helps you some.  If I haven't understood your question,
lemme know and I'll reconsider :)

Cheers,

/eli