[PLUG] (no subject)

eli.stair.lists at attbi.com eli.stair.lists at attbi.com
Tue Jul 16 17:36:36 UTC 2002

Hello all,

I'm having a problem installing the Covalent ERS (commercial
Apache package).  The installer must be run as root, and I've
done so in a non-x environment as root (no su), under X, etc.
However when the installer is run it says to exit and change
to the root user.  Any ideas why it would think it's not root?
All files in the install package are owned by root, when setup
is run ps shows it as owned by root.  My root acct works ok
for normal activity, not restricted in anything else.

If you have an opinion or recommendation, or need info lemme know.

Thanx,

/eli