Linus BBQ [Was: RE: [PLUG] Would you consider donating to the OSU ACM? (To hear R MS?)]

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jul 17 09:10:02 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Neil" == Neil Anuskiewicz <neil at pacifier.com> writes:

Tyler> What might work [for Linus] is the old "$20 per plate" model [...]

Neil> I am afraid that this model may be what needs to happen for
Neil> anyone from out of town that visits, including Stallman.

This will come as no surprise, but I disagree selling tickets is
necessary or desirable in the Stallman case.  There should be no
trouble rounding up the travel funds.  I've already offered $50 and if
there was a serious need, I'd double it without thinking hard.  At a
university it shouldn't be hard to acquire a suitable venue for no
money.  Charging money, which I doubt is really needed, is only going
to keep people away.  The whole point is to get people to come and
hear.

Just for perspective, folks, roundtrip airfare Boston to Portland,
over a weekend in early October is less than $400.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible