[PLUG] Need Help - DISK CRASH ???

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at mdhost.cse.tek.com
Thu Jul 18 05:53:29 UTC 2002

        I got suggestions to check the SCSI cables and verify
        that the drives are working.  I reseated all the SCSI
        connectors -- none felt loose -- and the SCSI terminator.
        The internal end-of-cable terminator definitely felt
        loose.  Then I powered up the box and after some fsck'ing
        I'm back in business.

        On the fsck'ing topic, if anyone has ever had to answer
        "yes" to its "blow away your file now?" prompts, then
        you might be as happy as I am to run Kirk Bauer's
        "check-packages" program.  It found the two packages
        who's files got toasted and I reinstalled them from the
        distro RPMS.  I've got tripwire checking to see what
        might have changed that isn't part of a package.

	Thanks for the loose cable suggestions!