[PLUG] CUPS, HP !200, Install

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Thu Jul 18 08:23:06 UTC 2002

I'd like some help on the best install for an HP 1200 under a Debian Woody
system using CUPS.  The CUPS is probably OK, as a previous printer worked on
it. The 1200 is on the parallel port and works under windows.

I tried the localhost:631 way and couldn't find the 1200 listed. The 1200
supports postscript level 2 (emulated) and PCL 6.  I thing the current level
for PS is 3, so I'm not sure about using it. I don't  know whether to go with
cupsomatic or gimp-print.

I'm not sure what the deal is on the ppd's. I thought the docs said they
should be in etc/cups/ppd but they appear to be in /usr/share/cups/model.

Any help would be appreciated.