[PLUG] Question on the "top" command

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Thu Jul 18 22:01:06 UTC 2002

It's been too long since I've had to append a "mem" argument when
booting Linux so I don't remember the exact syntax. I did have this
problem on a Pentium Pro 200 system that had 128MB on it. Linux only
saw 64MB of memory but I think this was back when I was using a 2.0.x
kernel. I don't recall having this problem with the newer 2.2.x or
2.4.x kernels.

Tony