[PLUG] GNU Hurd

Neil Anuskiewicz neil at pacifier.com
Sun Jul 21 00:46:49 UTC 2002

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Russell Evans wrote:

> Don't bow to the common interest, go with the vision, build it and they will
> come! I can see it now; the PUGLUG: Portland Unix-GNU-Linux User's Group. The
> truely involved will flock to it, the stoggie old school will stay with PLUG.
> You will have a group that will be so much better.
>
> I think you definitily need to start it. You should only post to the PUGLUG to
> encougage people to move over. Is there a way to keep people from forwarding
> your posts to PUGLUG, to the plug list? We don't want anyone undermining the
> vision.

Now, what you are suggesting is more of a fork which should be avoided if
at all possible. This group is, by and large, philosophically allied and
allied in terms of interests. Forking would create uneccesary
fragmentation and I don't think that is what Jeme was suggesting. He was
suggesting that PLUG's mandate could be explicitely expanded.

--
Neil Anuskiewicz