[PLUG] Windows versus Linux security

Kenneth Stephens kens at cad2cam.com
Tue Jul 23 05:32:53 UTC 2002

On Monday 22 July 2002 08:59 am, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 10:45, Carla Schroder wrote:
> > I think the fairest metric is the actual damage done. Measured in
> > dollars, time, and aggravation, Microsoft is the undisputed world
> > champeen.
> >
> > Good response, Ed.
>
> Ditto, Carla. Dollars is the best metric.
>
> Ed

Spoken by an advocates of a "FREE" operating system.  I now have 2 Linux
and only one Windows box at home.  So if there is a problem with windows, why
does it seem to take twice as long to fix?

Some measures of impact should include:
Time it takes to get fix available. (Time patch made available minus time of
discovery.)
Time it takes to apply the patch.
Labor cost involved in aplying patch.
Cost of lost work.