[PLUG] Cheap Colocation For Little Used Server

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jul 23 10:19:16 UTC 2002

[RE: inetarena]

On 13 Jul 2002, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Then, he sold the company to a canadian ISP-gobbler, and took his cash
> and ran.  I don't blame him for that,
[snip]

I feel somewhat obliged to ask:  Why not?

Is greed a good reason to disappoint people and leave them in less capable
hands?

> I'm now at sprocketdata.com, with basically the same price as I was
> paying at Inetarena, but back to the same levels of service (or
> better) as the "old" Inetarena.

I'll definitely keep the place in mind.  If the service is as you
describe, that's fair and reasonable for the price.  Quite good, even.

> These guys rock.  The only downside is that they're in texas, so I'm
> not likely to ever touch the box running stonehenge.com.  Who cares?
> :)

Network abstraction is, to me, probably the number two selling point of
unix-like systems... second only to the opportunities for Freedom.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net