[PLUG] Qt-Console released (C++ compilers)

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Tue Jul 23 22:00:19 UTC 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 ptkwt at aracnet.com wrote:

> > -more support for various C++ libraries and widgets

> I tend to doubt it - think of all the libraries and widgets that
> come with your average Linux distro, they used gcc to compile these.

<disclaimer value="I'm not a compiler nor a C++ wonk"/>

g++ 3 supports C++ templates and namespaces in ways that 2.x doesn't.
Also, there are some STL interfaces (e.g., sstream) that aren't
supported in 2.x. You'll encounter the problems with 2.x when you try
to compile code that really relies on the newer C++ standard stuff;
the Sablotron XSLT processor is like that.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>