[PLUG] mgetty+sendfax error message

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Jul 24 11:34:28 UTC 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Billy M Dimaculangan wrote:

> To all Linux TeqGuys out there,
>
> Im new to Linux, anyone who can tell me why this error message always appear
> in our server
>
> Sh: /etc/mgetty+sendfax/new_fax: No such File or Directory

Well off the top of my head I'd say there is no file named new_fax in the
/etc/mgetty+sendfax/ directory. :-)  If memory servers me correct (it's
been two+ years) the file new_fax is executed when a new FAX arrives.  It
can do many things from simply filing the fax, to sending tit ot a
printer, or even cause a pop-up (Windows Messager) to alert people a new
fax has arrived.

Rod